PORK MEDALLIONS IN MUSHROOM SAUCE
Pan-fry these slices of pork in a thick mushroom-studded sauce for a satisfying meal. Serve the meat and sauce over rice or mashed potatoes.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) beef broth
- 2 tbsp chopped dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp thyme, crumbled
- 1 tsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Cut pork into 1 inch thick slices. Place pork between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add pork and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove pork from frypan; keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and garlic to frypan; saute for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (broth through salt) and bring to a boil. Cook until slightly thickened, stirring frequently, about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Return pork to frypan. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
136 calories, 4.8 g fat, 1.3 g protein, 23.2 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fibre, 8 mg sodium