PRAWNS IN THAI GREEN CURRY
Thai green curry paste is made with green chilies, galangal, and kaffir lime, making for a spicy and slightly sweet flavour. We combine it with coconut milk, ginger and fresh herbs in this tasty prawn dish. Serve it over fragrant jasmine rice.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 pkgs (340 g each) frozen tiger prawns, thawed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) green curry paste
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) coconut milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Hot cooked jasmine rice
- Peel and devein prawns, leaving tails intact.
- In a large frypan, sauté ginger, onions and garlic in oil until fragrant. Add red pepper and prawns.
- Cook and stir until prawns are lightly browned on both sides.
- Stir in curry paste, coconut milk and snow peas. Bring to a simmer and cook just until prawns are tender.
- Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into prawn mixture and cook just until thickened.
- Stir in mint and basil. Serve immediately over jasmine rice.
305 Calories, 22.2 g fat, 19.6 g protein, 9.0 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 1421 mg sodium