PUFFED WHEAT SQUARES
These lunchbox treats are a tried and true classic. Combine puffed wheat cereal with cocoa, corn syrup, brown sugar and butter to make this easy no-bake square.
Yield: Makes 12.
July 02, 2019
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 - 7 cups puffed wheat cereal
- Combine cocoa, corn syrup, butter and brown sugar in a saucepan; bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly; pour over puffed wheat.
- Stir until well combined and then turn into a greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Press down; cool and cut into squares.
166 calories, 5.4 g fat, 1.1 g protein, 30.9 g carbohydrate, 0.8 g fibre, 56 mg sodium