PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PIE
Cream cheese and pecans give this traditional Thanksgiving dessert a unique twist. Be sure to make your own pie crust for this one — a frozen store-bought crust will not be big enough to accommodate all of that delicious filling.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie shell
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup canned evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Sweetened whipped cream*
- Chopped toasted pecans*
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and flour; beat until fluffy. Beat in 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla until blended. Fold in 1/2 cup pecans. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly in pie shell.
- Whisk together pumpkin, evaporated milk, 2 eggs, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and cloves just until blended. Do not beat. Spoon pumpkin mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Continue baking until a knife inserted in centre comes out clean, about 40 - 45 minutes. Cool pie on a rack. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and additional pecans. Slice with a hot wet knife.
413 calories, 25.2 g fat, 7.4 g protein, 41.8 g carbohydrate, 1.7 g fibre, 372 mg sodium
Do not use a purchased frozen pie shell in this recipe as the volume is not large enough to accommodate the amount of filling.