Pumpkin Molasses Dog Cookies
These homemade dog cookies are the perfect reward for your puppy. Put your mind at ease knowing that these cookies are made with nutritious ingredients like oat flour, pumpkin, molasses and a little bit of cinnamon for added flavour.
Yield: Makes 18 small treats
December 16, 2020
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin
- 2 tbsp fancy molasses
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Mix together flours, pumpkin, molasses and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten lightly with a wet fork.
- Bake until brown and set, about 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.
- Store in covered container in fridge up to 2 weeks or freeze.
This is a sticky dough but do not add more flour. This dough does not roll out for cut-out treats.
Oat flour is available at Bulk Barn and natural food stores. You can make your own by grinding rolled oats in a blender or food processor until finely ground.