Get the creamy taste of pumpkin pie without the crust! This pumpkin spice mousse is a great gluten-free Thanksgiving dessert.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) canned pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 tbsp brandy or orange juice
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- Candied Pecans*
- Combine pumpkin, brown sugar, orange peel, brandy, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg in a bowl; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together whipping cream and icing sugar until stiff. Fold whipped cream into pumpkin mixture.
- Spoon into a serving bowl or individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. Garnish with Candied Pecans.
285 calories, 18.7 g fat, 1.9 g protein, 30 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fibre, 29 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis. Nutritional analysis done with orange juice.
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- 2 tbsp packed golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp white corn syrup
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
Yield: Makes about 1 cup.
- In a medium frypan, melt together butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in pecan halves. Cook, stirring constantly until pecans are slightly darker and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Spread in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan lined with greased foil. Cool; break into pieces.