- Pumpkin Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups milk (2%)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Maple Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin Pancakes: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a small bowl.
- Whisk milk, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla together in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until almost fully combined. Stir in butter until just combined.
- Do not overmix. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter into frypan.
- Cook pancakes in batches until golden brown, about 2 – 4 minutes per side. Add more oil as necessary.
- Serve with Maple Whipped Cream and maple syrup.
Nutritional analysis per pancake:
106 calories, 3.9 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 14.3 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 195 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp maple extract or vanilla
Yield: Makes about 2 cups.
- Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer bowl. Beat with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
Nutritional analysis per 1 tbsp serving:
29 calories, 2.8 g fat, 0.2 g protein, 1.1 g carbohydrate, 0 g fibre, 3 mg sodium