- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2 tsp sugar
- Combine first 8 ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
- Whisk together pumpkin, sour cream and egg until blended. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Dough will be soft.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead dough gently 5 times. Roll out dough into a 6x9 inch rectangle.
- Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 6 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally to make 12 triangles.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with 2 tsp sugar. Bake at 425ºF for 12 - 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutritional analysis per scone: 185 calories, 7.5 g fat, 3 g protein, 26.4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 267 mg sodium