Pumpkin pie doesn’t have to only be for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our pumpkin tarts are a great way to fill your pumpkin pie craving without eating a whole pie on your own any time of the year.
Yield: Makes 36 mini tarts
September 18, 2020
- 36 unbaked mini tart shells
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cups unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk or light cream (10%)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Place tart shells on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine egg, pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF. Pour pumpkin mixture into warm tart shells. Bake until knife inserted in centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Let cool before serving. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
165 calories, 8.8 g fat, 2.5 g protein, 19.1 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 159 mg sodium