Make your burgers special occasion-worthy by packing the patties with three kinds of meat: beef, bison and pork. We season these juicy barbecued burgers with Our Signature Steak Spice.
Yield: Makes 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb (0.25 kg) lean ground pork
- 1/2 lb (0.25 kg) lean ground bison
- 1/4 cup panko
- 3 tbsp Our Signature Steak Spice or steak spice seasoning
- 1 1/2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 large egg
- 8 hamburger buns
- Toppings: Sautéed mushrooms, cooked bacon slices, Swiss cheese slices and Thousand Island salad dressing
- Combine beef, pork, bison, panko, Our Signature Steak Spice, mustard and egg. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Grill patties until completely cooked, about 8 minutes per side. Serve in buns with toppings.
414 calories, 17.8 g fat, 27.7 g protein, 34.5 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 764 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ancho chile pepper
Yield: 1/3 cup
- Place fennel and peppercorns in a small frypan. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 4 - 6 minutes.
- Transfer fennel and peppercorns to a coffee grinder or mini food processor. Add chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, celery seed, turmeric and ancho chile pepper; grind until blended. Alternatively, spices may be ground together using a mortar and pestle.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. Use as a rub on beef or as a seasoning. Makes about 1/3 cup.