These lunchbox treats are packed with trail mix ingredients like crisp rice cereal, raisins and flaked coconut.
Yield: Makes 3 1/2 dozen.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and soda until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended.
- Stir in flour. Gently stir in cereal, coconut and raisins just until combined.
- Drop 1 tbsp measures of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375°F for 11 - 12 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown.
- Let cookies stand for 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets and cool cookies on racks. May be frozen.
Nutritional analysis per cookie:
82 calories, 3.1 g fat, 0.8 g protein, 13.1 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fibre, 55 mg sodium