RASPBERRY COCONUT SQUARES
These tasty bars consist of a graham cracker crust covered with raspberry jam and a fluffy coconut topping. Serve them with afternoon tea or as a light dessert.
Yield: Makes 48.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raspberry jam, sieved
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups flaked coconut
- Cut butter into small pieces. Combine crumbs, flour and 1 cup sugar.
- Add butter and work in with fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. Beat 2 eggs with vanilla.
- Add to crumb mixture, tossing with a fork to blend. Press evenly onto bottom of a lightly greased 12x17 inch jelly-roll pan.
- Carefully spread jam evenly over crust. Beat softened butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in remaining 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add coconut and combine thoroughly.
- Spread coconut mixture as evenly as possible over jam. Bake at 350ºF for 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack. Chill before cutting. Squares may be frozen.
147 calories, 6.6 g fat, 1.5 g protein, 21.1 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 74 mg sodium