A classic Reuben sandwich is made with Thousand Island dressing, corned beef or pastrami, sauerkraut and Swiss cheese. We make this version extra tasty by grilling it in a panini maker.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 8 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 16 thin slices deli corned beef or pastrami
- 1 can (14 oz / 398 mL) sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 2 - 3 dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- 8 slices deli Swiss or provolone cheese
- Softened butter
- Preheat panini maker. Spread salad dressing evenly over one side of 4 bread slices. Top each with corned beef, sauerkraut, pickles and cheese, dividing equally. Cover with remaining bread slices. Spread butter evenly over top and bottom of each sandwich.
- Grill sandwiches in batches in panini maker according to manufacturer’s instructions until sandwiches are golden brown, grill marked and cheese is melted.
487 calories, 19.2 g fat, 37.5 g protein, 41.7 g carbohydrate, 4.1 g fibre, 2313 mg sodium