RICH CHOCOLATE TART
This indulgent dessert is a chocolate lover’s dream. It’s made up of a chocolate wafer crumb crust and a silky chocolate cream filling.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tbsp salted butter, softened
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crust, place crumbs, butter and egg white in a food processor; process until mixture comes together and forms a ball, about 2 - 3 minutes.
- Press mixture onto bottom and halfway up sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool crust completely in pie plate on a rack.
- To prepare filling, whisk together egg yolk and cream in a medium stainless steel bowl. Add chocolate chips.
- Set bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Do not allow water to touch bowl. Cook, stirring, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Pour filling into prepared crust; cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
334 calories, 24.3 g fat, 3.4 g protein, 32.1 g carbohydrate, 2.5 g fibre, 102 mg sodium