ROASTED PEPPER AND ARTICHOKE CROSTINI
These toasts are topped with a mixture of cream cheese, roasted red pepper, artichokes, kalamata olives and green onion. Serve them as an hors d’oeuvre at your next cocktail party.
Yield: Makes 36.
July 02, 2019
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (6 oz/170 mL) marinated artichoke hearts, drained, chopped and patted dry
- 1/3 cup chopped drained canned roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 36 baguette slices, 1/4 inch thick
- Combine all ingredients except baguette slices until blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over one side of each baguette slice.
- Place slices, cream cheese mixture side up, on a grill topper.
- Grill slices over low heat on natural gas barbecue for 3 – 5 minutes or until bread is toasted and cream cheese is melted.
73 calories, 3 g fat, 2.3 g protein, 9.2 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fibre, 135 mg sodium