ROASTED VEGETABLE PIZZA
This colourful vegetarian pizza uses roasted broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper and garlic as toppings. It’s finished off with Alfredo sauce and two kinds of cheese.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp rosemary, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 baked pizza shell
- 3/4 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- To prepare roasted vegetables, combine broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, garlic, rosemary and pepper in a large bowl. Add oil and toss to coat. Place vegetable mixture in a single layer in a large non-stick foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Increase temperature to 450°F. Place pizza shell on an ungreased pizza pan or cookie sheet. Spread Alfredo sauce evenly on pizza shell. Top with roasted vegetables, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 12 - 15 minutes. Sprinkle with green onion. Slice and serve.
260 calories, 7.7 g fat, 16.4 g protein, 31.4 g carbohydrate, 2.8 g fibre, 676 mg sodium
We used commercial Alfredo sauce in this recipe. It is available where fresh pasta is sold. Alfredo sauce can also be purchased bottled in a jar. It is also available packaged as a dry mix that must be reconstituted.