ROMAINE AND ARTICHOKE SALAD
Romaine lettuce, canned artichoke hearts and olives come together in this tasty side salad. We dress it with a Mediterranean-inspired mix of olive oil, lemon juice and capers.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chopped drained capers
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper, optional
- To prepare dressing, whisk together lemon juice, water, capers, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine lettuce, artichokes, olives, Parmesan cheese, tomato and bell pepper in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
120 calories, 9.3 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 6.5 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 411 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.