Top this barbecued loaf with a buttery mix of bocconcini cheese, garlic and fresh rosemary. It’s the perfect accompaniment to grilled steaks.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/3 cups coarsely chopped bocconcini cheese
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine cheese, butter, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt. Process until smooth.
- Wrap bread halves individually in heavy duty foil, leaving cut side open. Spread cheese mixture over cut side of bread halves.
- Heat bread directly on grid or on warming rack until cheese is melted and bread is golden around edges, about 15 - 20 minutes. Slice bread and serve.
340 calories, 17 g fat, 12.8 g protein, 34.5 g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fibre, 609 mg sodium