ROSEMARY LEMON TUNA WITH CAPER MAYONNAISE
These medium-rare tuna steaks are marinated in lemon, rosemary and garlic before grilling. They go beautifully with our Caper Mayonnaise.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 small tuna steaks, 3/4 inch thick
- Caper Mayonnaise
- To prepare marinade, combine lemon juice, oil, rosemary, salt and garlic in a heavy zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add tuna and squeeze bag to coat tuna with marinade; seal bag. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove tuna from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill tuna over medium heat on natural gas barbecue for 3 – 4 minutes per side.
- Tuna will be medium rare. Serve with Caper Mayonnaise.
266 calories, 8.8 g fat, 43.7 g protein, 0.6 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 366 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped drained capers
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Combine all ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.