ROSEMARY PESTO RACK OF LAMB
The pesto in this recipe is made with parsley, fresh rosemary, Parmesan cheese and garlic. It goes beautifully with barbecued rack of lamb.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 racks of lamb (8 ribs each)
- To prepare rosemary pesto, combine parsley, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper in a food processor.
- Process, using an on/off motion, until finely chopped.
- With machine running, add oil in a thin stream and process until smooth.
- Spread pesto evenly over both sides of each rack of lamb.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator; cover bones with heavy duty foil to prevent them from charring.
- Grill lamb over medium heat on natural gas barbecue to desired doneness.
401 calories, 26.5 g fat, 40 g protein, 1.2 g carbohydrate, 0.4 g fibre, 195 mg sodium