Salt Dough Ornaments
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until a ball is formed.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 –8 minutes, or until dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick and cut out as desired.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 3 hour or until firm and lightly golden.
Use table salt in this dough for a smoother consistency.
To make into a hanging ornament, use a straw or skewer to form a small hole near the top before baking.
This dough can also be used to create simple figurines. Shape as desired and increase baking time to 5 hours.