- 4 cups (1 L) saskatoons
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice and grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- Crush saskatoons in a Dutch oven. Heat gently until juice starts to flow.
- Add sugar and water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Add lemon juice and peel.
- Bring to a boil and cook, stirring frequently until thick, about 15 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe jar rims thoroughly.
- Seal and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Nutritional analysis per 1 tbsp serving:
56 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g protein, 14.5 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fibre, 0 mg sodium