Semolina Crusted Salmon with Yogurt and Dill
This dish is a BFK staff favourite! The presentation is beautiful, and we love the contrast of the crispy crust on the salmon with the cool creamy yogurt. Dill and salmon are a match made in heaven, while the addition of Indian flavours add a twist that elevates the dish to a new level.
For more recipes, purchase our latest cookbook - Together at Our Table - today!
Yield: Serves 4
October 01, 2020
- 1/3 cup coarse semolina or cornmeal
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets, about 120g each
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt to taste*
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, picked off stem
- Mix together semolina, thyme, curry powder, salt, turmeric, coriander, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Place salmon on a plate or tray. Sprinkle with semolina mixture, pressing to coat as much as possible.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully add the salmon and cook until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Spread yogurt onto a serving platter; sprinkle with lemon zest and salt to taste, then drizzle with olive oil. Place salmon on top and garnish with dill.
318 calories, 17.1 g fat, 27.6 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 1.2 g fibre, 585 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis