SHALLOT AND ROSEMARY POTATOES
Put this blend of baby potatoes, shallots and rosemary in a foil packet and grill them on the barbecue. They’re a great side dish to go with burgers, steak, fish or other grilled fare.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 2 lb unpeeled baby yellow potatoes, halved (about 6 cups)
- 12 peeled shallots, halved lengthwise
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Place potato mixture in centre of a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Bring edges of foil together to form a packet; close all edges with tight double folds.
- Cook, turning packet over after 15 minutes, until potatoes and shallots are tender, about 30 - 35 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Open packet; remove and discard rosemary before serving.
148 calories, 3.5 g fat, 3.7 g protein, 26.7 g carbohydrate, 3.4 g fibre, 308 mg sodium