SHRIMP WITH PONZU SAUCE
Ponzu is a Japanese sauce made of tamari, citrus and sugar. Serve it with cooked shrimp as a dipping sauce for a pre-dinner appetizer.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tbsp tamari (Japanese soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, bruised
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1 lb (500 g) cooked medium shrimp
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients except shrimp. Spoon into a small serving bowl. Sauce may be prepared and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Serve as a dip for shrimp.
167 calories, 6.1 g fat, 19.8 g protein, 7.4 g carbohydrate, 0.2 g fibre, 1137 mg sodium