These versatile crepes can be filled with a sweet or savoury filling.
Yield: Makes 14.
July 02, 2019
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 cups milk (2%)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- Salted butter*
- Place flour in a bowl.
- Whisk together milk and eggs until blended.
- Add milk mixture to flour and whisk until combined. Whisk in 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Pour batter through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator and whisk batter.
- Heat an 8 inch non-stick crepe pan or frypan over medium-low heat. Lightly coat pan with additional butter. Remove pan from heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Swirl pan until it is coated on bottom with batter.
- Return pan to medium-low heat and cook until crepe is firm around edges and lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Loosen edges of crepe from pan using a spatula. Slide spatula under crepe and quickly flip it over; cook for an additional 30 seconds or just until lightly browned.
- Transfer crepe to a parchment paper-lined large rimmed baking sheet.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter, adding additional butter as necessary. Do not stack crepes; cool completely.
- Crepes may be frozen for up to 2 months. If freezing, layer crepes with parchment paper in an airtight container.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
116 calories, 4.3 g fat, 2.3 g protein, 18 g carbohydrate, 1.3 g fibre, 77 mg sodium