SKILLET CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIE
Cook this giant chocolate chunk cookie in a skillet placed over a brick on the barbecue. This backyard dessert is a fun way to cap off a backyard barbecue with family and friends.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- 1 brick
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- Place brick on natural gas barbecue grid. Preheat barbecue on medium heat or on a setting that maintains a temperature of about 375°F for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine all-purpose flour, oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Using low speed, beat in egg, maple syrup and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in flour mixture just until combined. Fold in chocolate. Press dough into a greased 10 inch cast iron frypan.
- Set frypan directly on top of brick. With lid down, bake cookie, rotating pan after 10 minutes, until golden brown and edges of cookie are set, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
255 calories, 10.6 g fat, 3.4 g protein, 39.8 g carbohydrate, 2.3 g fibre, 245 mg sodium