Slow Cooker Beef Dip
Did you know? When using the slow cooker, you must keep the lid on. Each time the lid is removed, the cooking time may increase by 15 - 25 minutes.
February 07, 2020
Slow Cooker Beef Dip
- 2 1/2 lb boneless beef sirloin tip roast
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp rosemary, crumbled
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 baguettes
- 1 tbsp salted butter, softened
- 14 slices deli provolone cheese
- Sprinkle roast with pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium-high heat. Add roast and brown on all sides.
- Transfer roast to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Add onions to same frypan and sauté over medium heat until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Spoon onion mixture over roast. Add broth, water, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, rosemary and bay leaves to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 6 hours.
- Transfer roast to a platter and cover with foil. Let roast stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove and discard bay leaves from broth mixture; set broth mixture aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Without cutting all the way through, cut baguettes in half lengthwise. For each baguette, spread half of the butter over one cut side; place half of the cheese slices, overlapping slightly, on the other cut side. Cut open baguettes in half crosswise.
- Transfer open baguette halves to foil-lined rimmed baking sheets.
- Broil until baguettes are lightly toasted and cheese is melted.
- Slice roast into thin pieces. Top toasted sides of baguette halves with beef, dividing equally.
- Remove onions from broth mixture with a slotted spoon and place on top of beef, dividing equally. Close baguette halves and cut each in half crosswise.
- Serve each sandwich with a small bowl of broth mixture to dip into.
Nutritional analysis per serving: 602 calories, 24.7 g fat, 49.3 g protein, 44.3 g carbohydrates, 2.7 g fibre, 1247 mg sodium