SLOW COOKER GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES
Cook these baby potatoes in the slow cooker with garlic. Once they’re soft, mash them up with cream cheese and nutmeg to create an easy creamy side dish.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 8 cups halved baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth or water
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- Combine potatoes, broth, garlic, salt and pepper in a greased 4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting, stirring twice, until potatoes are tender, about 3 1/2 - 4 hours.
- Add cream cheese and nutmeg. Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- Stir in parsley and green onion.
159 calories, 5.1 g fat, 4 g protein, 25.5 g carbohydrate, 2.7 g fibre, 402 mg sodium