SMALL BATCH CHILI
If you’re craving chili but don’t want to make a huge pot, this is the recipe for you. This tasty mix of ground beef and beans cooks up quickly and feeds two to three people.
Yield: Serves 2.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) chili-style pinto and red kidney beans
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add beef, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring to break up beef, until browned, about 7 - 10 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in chili powder, oregano and salt; cook for 1 minute. Stir in water, beans and tomato paste. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
639 calories, 30.3 g fat, 54.9 g protein, 36.4 g carbohydrate, 12.7 g fibre, 760 mg sodium