- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a bowl; set aside.
- Combine 3 tbsp sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; set aside.
- Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat together butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended. Beat in vanilla. Stir in flour mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in cinnamon mixture. Place balls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake until tops of cookies are cracked, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Let cookies stand for 5 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove from cookie sheets and cool on racks. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 week. May be frozen.
Nutritional analysis per cookie:
67 calories, 3 g fat, 0.8 g protein, 9.5 g carbohydrate, 0.3 g fibre, 65 mg sodium