- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 15 potato and cheddar cheese perogies, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cumin and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add beans and cook until heated through. Stir in cilantro.
- Add hot cooked perogies to bean mixture and toss gently.
- Top with salsa and cheese.
- Cover frypan; remove from heat. Let stand until cheese is melted.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
391 Calories, 17 g fat, 15.8 g protein, 44.3 g carbohydrate, 8.6 g fibre, 590 mg sodium