SPICY CHORIZO VEGETABLE SOUP
Chorizo is a spicy Italian sausage — for this soup we use fresh uncooked chorizo, as opposed to the cured deli version. This spicy soup combines chorizo with zucchini, corn and shelled edamame.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) chorizo sausages, casings removed
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups sliced quartered zucchini (1/4 inch)
- 2 cups frozen kernel corn
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- Sour cream
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Place sausages in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook, stirring to break up sausages, until browned, about 6 minutes. Transfer sausages to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Drain off excess fat from pan.
- Heat oil in same pan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno peppers, coriander and cumin; sauté for 4 minutes. Return sausages to pan. Add broth, zucchini, corn and edamame; stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro.
461 calories, 29.6 g fat, 24.7 g protein, 24.7 g carbohydrate, 4.8 g fibre, 2045 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.