SPICY HOT CHOCOLATE MIX
This Mexican-style hot chocolate is spiced with cinnamon and cayenne. This mix is a great hostess/host gift to give out over the holidays.
Yield: Makes about 1/2 cup.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
- To Make Spicy Hot Chocolate: Stir mix before using.
- For each serving, pour 1 cup milk into a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until steaming and just beginning to simmer. Do not boil.
- Whisk in 1 tbsp mix for each serving, whisking until mix is dissolved. Pour into mugs and serve.
31 calories, 0.4 g fat, 0.5 g protein, 8.1 g carbohydrate, 1.1 g fibre, 1 mg sodium