SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PIZZA
This oven-baked pizza is topped with frozen spinach, jarred artichoke hearts and two kinds of cheese. Bake one up for an easy vegetarian weeknight dinner.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) ricotta cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, bruised
- 1/2 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 store-bought pizza crust (12 inch)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Squeeze moisture from spinach until dry. Combine spinach, ricotta cheese, green onions, garlic, oregano, pepper, salt and pepper flakes.
- Place bread shell on a baking sheet. Spread spinach mixture over shell, leaving a 1 inch border. Top with artichokes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is lightly browned and pizza is heated through, about 12 - 15 minutes.
187 calories, 4.4 g fat, 13.4 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 3.3 g fibre, 693 mg sodium
For additional colour, add sliced ripe olives, slivered oil-packed dried tomatoes or canned roasted red peppers along with artichokes.