SPINACH FETA DIP
This creamy Mediterranean-style dip is full of spinach, feta, yogurt and dill. Serve it with raw vegetables or pita chips.
Yield: Makes 2 cups.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded feta cheese
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 pkg (300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pita wedges or credutés
- Spoon yogurt into a coffee filter-lined sieve set over a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours; discard liquid.
- Place drained yogurt and remaining ingredients in a bowl. Using medium speed of an electric mixer, beat until blended. Spoon dip into a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Serve with pita wedges or crudites.
66 calories, 4.7 g fat, 3.7 g protein, 2.7 g carbohydrate, 0.7 g fibre, 150 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
Do not use yogurt with stabilizers or preservatives, such as gelatin.
As an alternative to draining plain yogurt, 1 cup plain Greek yogurt may be used.