SPINACH SALAD WITH ROASTED BEETS
Roasted beets and baby spinach come together in this unique side salad. The dressing is an Asian-inspired mix of soy sauce, rice vinegar and fresh ginger.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 4 small beets, trimmed
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 8 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Wrap beets individually in foil and place in a baking pan. Bake until tender when pierced with a fork, about 60 - 70 minutes. Unwrap beets and cool. Peel beets; cut into thin wedges. Beets may be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine spinach, onions and beets in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
91 calories, 7 g fat, 1.8 g protein, 6.3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 126 mg sodium