A SPIRITED HOT CHOCOLATE
Warm up this winter with our delicious spiked cocoa. This grown-up warm beverage pairs hazelnut and coffee liqueurs with easy homemade hot chocolate.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 03, 2019
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 cups milk (3.25 %)
- 3/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 3/4 cup hazelnut liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Grated semi-sweet chocolate*
- In a saucepan, whisk together cocoa, sugar and salt until blended. Gradually whisk in 1/2 cup milk until smooth.
- Slowly pour in remaining 3 1/2 cups milk, whisking until blended. Cook over medium heat, whisking frequently, until mixture comes to a simmer. Simmer gently for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in coffee liqueur and hazelnut liqueur. Ladle into cups or heavy goblets. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate. Serve immediately.
485 calories, 18.8 g fat, 7.4 g protein, 51.0 g carbohydrate, 2.7 g fibre, 128 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
When pouring the hot chocolate mixture into goblets, place a metal spoon in goblet to prevent it from cracking.