SPRING FRITTATA WITH SWISS CHARD, ASPARAGUS AND PEAS
Usher in spring with a frittata made of some of the season’s best vegetables. This baked egg dish is loaded with fresh veggies, feta cheese and fresh thyme.
Yield: Serves 12.
July 02, 2019
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups diagonally sliced asparagus (3/4 inch)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sliced Swiss chard (stems removed)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup light cream (10%)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a 12 inch cast iron frypan over medium heat. Add asparagus and onion and sauté until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add Swiss chard, peas and garlic; sauté until Swiss chard is wilted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add 3/4 cup cheese; stir to combine.
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a medium bowl. Stir in salt, thyme, nutmeg and cayenne. Pour egg mixture into frypan. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until eggs are set, about 18 – 20 minutes.
204 calories, 14 g fat, 12.7 g protein, 6.5 g carbohydrate, 1.8 g fibre, 366 mg sodium