STANDBY MASHED POTATOES
These baked mashed potatoes are made creamier thanks to the addition of cream cheese. You can prepare the potato mixture up to 24 hours before it’s time to bake them in the oven.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- 8 medium yellow potatoes, peeled and cubed (about 5 lb unpeeled)
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, salt and white pepper. Using low speed of an electric mixer, beat mixture just until smooth, about 1 minute. Do not overbeat.
- Spoon potato mixture into a greased shallow 3 quart baking dish. May be prepared to this point and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator and let stand for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned and heated through, about 45 - 50 minutes.
219 calories, 8.7 g fat, 5.1 g protein, 30.4 g carbohydrate, 2.6 g fibre, 296 mg sodium