STEAK SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE DRESSING
This entrée-sized salad is a great way to use up leftover steak or roast beef. Our Chipotle Dressing gives it a nice smoky flavour.
Yield: Serves 8.
July 02, 2019
- 12 cups shredded iceberg lettuce or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and cubed or sliced
- 4 cups julienned or sliced barbecued steak or cooked roast beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup broken blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Chipotle Dressing*
- Divide lettuce among 8 plates. Top with avocado and steak. Sprinkle cheese and tortilla chips over steak. Top with tomatoes. Drizzle Chipotle Dressing over each salad. Serve immediately.
329 calories, 20.8 g fat, 25.7 g protein, 11.4 g carbohydrate, 3.2 g fibre, 168 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tsp finely chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Yield: Makes about 3/4 cup.
- Whisk together all ingredients except cilantro in a small bowl until blended. Stir in cilantro. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.