Coat these baked chicken wings in a sticky mixture of orange marmalade, lemon juice, butter and spices. Serve them as an appetizer or a game day snack.
Yield: Makes about 40.
July 02, 2019
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 lb (1.5 kg) chicken wing drumettes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare sauce, combine all ingredients except chicken in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in two 9x13 inch baking pans; do not overcrowd pans. Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
- Bake, turning and basting every 15 minutes, until wings are glazed and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve hot. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
65 calories, 2.1 g fat, 6.1 g protein, 5.4 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 63 mg sodium