STRAWBERRY ANGEL FOOD BRUSCHETTA
This dessert “bruschetta” is a mix of chopped strawberries, orange liqueur, marmalade and vanilla. Serve it spooned over grilled slices of angel food cake for a backyard barbecue dessert.
Yield: Serves 10.
July 02, 2019
- 3 cups whole strawberries, hulled
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur or juice
- 1 tbsp marmalade
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Granulated sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop strawberries in a food processor. Remove 1 cup chopped strawberries and set aside.
- To prepare strawberry purée, add liqueur, marmalade, vanilla and sugar to remaining strawberries in food processor and purée until smooth.
- Cut angel food cake into 12 slices. Grill slices on a lightly oiled grid until lightly browned on both sides. Place slices on individual serving plates. Spread chopped strawberries over one side of each slice. Drizzle with strawberry purée. Serve immediately.
176 calories, 0.3 g fat, 3.9 g protein, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 305 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.