Bake fresh strawberries under an almond-studded oatmeal crust to make this delicious summer dessert. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp chopped toasted almonds, optional
- 4 cups quartered strawberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare crumb topping, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and ginger in a bowl. Stir in melted butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in almonds.
- Combine strawberries and sugar. Spoon into a greased shallow 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Bake until juices are thick and bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
263 calories, 12.4 g fat, 2.6 g protein, 37.8 g carbohydrate, 3.8 g fibre, 97 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.