STRAWBERRY KALE SALAD
Use baby kale for this recipe — it is more tender and milder in flavour than regular kale. Strawberries and avocado add interest and flavour to this tasty summer salad.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 4 tsp apple juice
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 pkg (5 oz/142 g) baby kale
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled soft goat cheese
- To prepare dressing, whisk together apple juice, vinegar, shallot, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper until combined. Gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Combine strawberries, kale, avocado, walnuts and cheese in a bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
178 calories, 15.2 g fat, 3.5 g protein, 9.8 g carbohydrate, 3.8 g fibre, 137 mg sodium
Baby kale is more tender and mild in flavour than mature kale. It is often used as a salad green. Look for it in the produce section of grocery stores where packaged greens are sold.