STRAWBERRY ORANGE SALAD
This mixed green salad is full of strawberries and orange segments for fresh fruity flavour. We dress it with a citrusy poppyseed dressing.
Yield: Serves 6.
July 02, 2019
- 8 cups torn mixed greens
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp raspberry or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 tsp orange juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp poppy seed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine greens, oranges, strawberries and onion in a bowl.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together oil, vinegar, orange peel, orange juice, sugar and poppy seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.
166 calories, 12 g fat, 2.7 g protein, 13.9 g carbohydrate, 3.2 g fibre, 25 mg sodium
*Ingredient not included in nutritional analysis.