These baked bread balls have all the flavour of a traditional turkey stuffing. They’re a great side dish to serve with turkey breast or leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
Yield: Makes 12.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups chopped celery and leaves
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp thyme, crumbled
- 2 tsp sage, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 8 cups soft bread cubes or crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a large frypan over medium heat. Add celery, onions and seasonings; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Divide mixture into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball and place one in each of 12 well-greased muffin cups.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
159 calories, 8.8 g fat, 3.3 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 1.9 g fibre, 372 mg sodium