SUMMER SAGE POTATOES
These savoury potatoes cook up in a foil packet on the barbecue. Flavoured with sage, paprika and other spices, they go wonderfully with steak or other grilled meat.
Yield: Serves 4.
July 02, 2019
- 4 cups cubed red potatoes (1 inch)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 tsp sage, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Preheat natural gas barbecue on medium heat for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients except butter in a bowl. Place potato mixture in centre of a large piece of heavy-duty foil. Dot with butter. Bring edges of foil together to form a packet; close all edges with tight double folds.
- Cook, turning packet over frequently, until potatoes are tender, about 45 - 50 minutes.
160 calories, 6 g fat, 3.1 g protein, 24.7 g carbohydrate, 2.9 g fibre, 219 mg sodium