SUMMER TOMATO NOODLE SOUP
This summery soup is full of fresh tomatoes, pasta, snap peas and chives. Serve it as a light meal with a thick slice of artisan bread.
Yield: Serves 5.
July 02, 2019
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 cups diced seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup diagonally sliced sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup soup noodles or small shell pasta, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add shallot and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato juice, vinegar and hot sauce; stir to combine. Bring to a boil. Add tomatoes and sugar snap peas; stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in cooked noodles, chives and pepper; cook, stirring, until heated through.
103 calories, 3.4 g fat, 3.8 g protein, 14.3 g carbohydrate, 2 g fibre, 1158 mg sodium
ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen used Catelli Soup Noodles in this recipe. Look for them in the aisle where pasta is sold.