SUN DRIED TOMATO AND CHEESE PHYLLO TRIANGLES
These tasty little phyllo pastry triangles are stuffed with Monterey Jack, cream cheese and tangy sun-dried tomatoes. Pass them around as an hors d’oeuvre at your next party.
Yield: Makes 64.
July 02, 2019
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbsp finely chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp oregano, crumbled
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 16 sheets phyllo pastry
- 3/4 cup salted butter, melted
- To prepare filling, combine Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, oregano and pepper until blended; set aside.
- Brush top of one phyllo sheet with some melted butter. Lay a second phyllo sheet on top; brush with some melted butter.
- Cut layered phyllo crosswise into 8 equal strips, each about 2 inches wide.
- For each strip, place 1/2 tsp filling on bottom right-hand corner. Fold bottom right-hand corner of phyllo diagonally over filling so that bottom edge of phyllo is 3/8 inch from left-hand edge and forms a triangle. Press down on edges to seal. Fold triangle upward. Continue folding triangle diagonally and upward until end of strip is reached. Brush tops with some melted butter.
- Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo sheets, melted butter and filling. Triangles may be prepared to this point and frozen for up to 1 month. If freezing, layer triangles with wax paper in an airtight container. Do not thaw before baking.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake triangles, seam side down, in parchment paper-lined rimmed baking sheets for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
51 calories, 3.5 g fat, 1 g protein, 3.7 g carbohydrate, 0.1 g fibre, 56 mg sodium